nuffnang ads

Sugar Beach, Bantayan Island Cebu

              I'll go back to Bantayan Island again and again if I can.
I have been there twice.
Peaceful white sand beaches.


Our beach of choice is Sugar Beach.
Although there are a lot of other beaches.
The first time I was there was Holy Week 2008. I came back 2011.
On my first visit the place was crowded. The whole island was on party mode. We stayed at Sugar Beach. We stayed there for free, a treat from a friend in exchange we become "Promo girls" for Smart. It was an offer me and my friends couldn't say no to. We haven't been to Bantayan. All we had to do was sit in a tent.

I wasn't able to appreciate the beach at first since it was PACKED with people. It was only after all the "party people" left (Sunday) that  I was able to see how beautiful it was. The care-taker told us that the beach is usually peaceful except on Holy Week. When I saw the beach that Sunday, I knew I was coming back, and I did.

I came back 2011 with my family. We were almost alone at the beach. We rented our room with 2 double beds plus 1 extra mattress. The room was less than Php 2000.00 good for 10. We were more than 10 some of us rented tents and camped outside on the beach for less then Php 500.00 (I think around Php 300.00 only- you can bring your own tents and pay a Php 150.00). The kids stayed in the room.

We cooked our own food. We bought supplies from the market which is walking distance from the beach or hire a "trisikad". There were also vendors selling fresh fish and other seafood for a cheap price, they come to out cottage almost every meal time.

Going there we drove our own vehicle and left them in a safe place in Hagnaya Port for Php 100/ night. 

I'm not sure if there are ATM machines in Sta. Fe I haven't seen one. Bring extra cash just in case.


Updated Rates:
Room Rates of Sugar Beach
photo from http://www.travellingthephilippines.info/sugar-beach-resort/

PHOTOS from 2008
Arrived Saturday  7am


Ferry from the Port of Hagnaya to Sta. Fe

arrived at Sta. Fe
our mode of transportation on our way to the market.
Sugar Beach all set for the party

We stayed at the upper left room. airconditioned, with kitchen own toilet and bath.



 * I wasn't able to ask for the price of the room. We stayed there for free.


Party at night

Long shoreline of white sand
Low tide
Sunset + low tide

PHOTOS from 2011 
Arrived Saturday 11AM


Ferry ride from Hagnaya Port
Port of Sta. Fe. near Sta. Fe beach club.
When we arrived. Almost alone in this amazing place.

Quite. Peaceful.
We rented the room/ cottage at the left. Less than Php2000.00 for 10 pax

My sister. Long shore line of white sand
My sisters playing around
Sister and Brother-in-law
Diego having the fun in the sand
We stayed in the room but this is one of the 2 tents we rented for the rest of the family.


HOW TO GET THERE


 For reservations call:

+639217755058
+639183710627












6 comments:

  1. hi.. can i ask for their contact no for reservations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!

    for reservations call or text..


    +639217755058
    +639183710627

    ReplyDelete
  3. stayed in sugar beach too when we went to bantayan in 2011 :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi :) I never been went this place and I want to stay for 1 night only, and we are 2 only how much for the room good for 2 person?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for a real estate property for sale in Cebu? NO need to look far because the scenic views and rich history of Cebu is experienced at Pueblo de Oro Cebu. A place where the people are as warm as the sun, as welcoming as the cool breeze, and as laid back as its beaches, Pueblo de Oro has been hailed as one of the best affordable house and lot in cebu

    ReplyDelete